Ghana

Ghana: a country on the coast of West Africa, where i will be living for the next 27 months or so....

Sunday, July 10, 2011

a university for Coco...yes please

I have now been in Ghana for over a month.....holy hell....and i'm still loving it! We are leaving our homestay family's today and will be gone for the next 5 weeks. I am not sure when i will be able to get back onto the internet next, so i thought that i would write  real quick and tell you about what has been going on. I tired Fufu for the first time yesterday, it was not so bad......I did a major faux pas and chewed it, which you are not supposed to do, its more of a swallow fast type of paste...my bad!  I cant wait to see who is going to be swearing us in...it could be anyone... :) I feel that i must being this up, since being in PC i have become very close to all the people in my "class" in a very short time. First i feel that this is because we are thrown together in this Crazy situation and we have to hold onto each other and fall a long way down; second, to be doing something is ridiculous and out there, we all have to have at least something in common with each other and that can create bonds like nothing else and third, When you are in a land where there is NO one that you can relate to very easily, these people that i have only know for 1 month, are a life raft, are the light at the end of the tunnel, you could say and i love that we are together in this (whether we like it or not :)
P.S Happy b day Kim and Nicole!!

1 comment: